Friday 9 July 2010

20 things I learnt in 20 years

As the clock strikes twelve I am now officially 20 years old. I am no longer considered a "teen" if anything I am closer to being an "adult".
So I decided to note down 20 things I learnt in my life and inshallah there will be many more to come. The things could be something huge and important or something small and insignificant. Whatever it is its always good to learn something new.

1. It takes more muscles to frown then to smile. (I know so random, but when I was a kid I use to frown a lot, I don't know why, it just came naturally :P so I was always told that fact)

2. Photosynthesis is a chemical process in which plants convert carbon dioxide and water to oxygen and glucose. (Let me state that I love science, and my earliest memory of something I learnt in science was photosynthesis because we had this guy called Talal in our class who never was able to pronounce it correctly he use to say it in a funny way that would crack the whole class up hehe :P)

3. "If your friends jumped off a bridge, will you do the same?" This phrase bascially states exactly what I learnt, just because everyone is doing it doesn't mean I should flow. I should be a leader not a follower unless I am following someone doing good things.

4. Bad things happen to good people and bad things happen to bad people.

5. Good things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people.

6. Respiration and breathing is not the same thing! (this amazed me :P) oh and viruses are not living micro-organisms! (this shocked me!).

7. Anime aka Japanese cartoons, are awesome (I owe this to my brother) XD

8. It's OK if not everyone likes you, you can't make people like you and if they don't then it's their loss. =)

9. Music (as much as I love it) shouldn't consume your life, everything (including music) needs limitations.

10. Family ALWAYS comes first.

11. You win some, you lose some (in everything, friends, studies, etc.)

12. You can have more than one best friend, the more complicated you are (I am very complicated) the more best friends you need.

13. In a moment of anger you can say something that you will regret for the rest of life (a really long time).

14. Let go of the pain and don't dwell on the past, (still need 2 improve on that, but I am getting better)

15. No matter how old you get, cartoons (like tom and jerry and bugs bunny) still make you feel good inside. =)

16. Being confident and being able to speak publicly in front of a lot of people! ( I battled my stage frights, even though I still get nervous before going on stage to present something, I am better at it now)

17. DRIVING! yeah once I turned 18, I got my licence! MOST AWESOME THING EVER! XD

18. Sarcasm ( its a gift and a curse, I learnt it at a very young age, and I still have it :P)

19. Not to be judgemental. Of all the flaws I have like being moody, and over sensitive I have never been judgemental. I see past the labels, and take people for who they really are. And this helped have a "variety" of friends, yes we don't all agree on the same thing, but in the end we care about each other and that's what friends are for.

20. I have left this for last because I feel that it is the most important lesson I had in life so far. No matter, always keep your faith strong. No matter what you go through, no matter how dark and bad it seems. Just pray and everything will be al right. And I don't mean just pray 5 times a day and that's it, I mean go deeper than that. Look inside yourself and be a better person. A better Muslim. =)

So this is it!
I am entering my 20s, so this is not only a new page, but a new chapter. I hope to improve this year in both social and study wise. Be a happier person and keep on smiling. =)

and to everyone else no matter when your birthday is .... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

3 comments:

  1. SANA 7ILWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YA GAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL SANA 7ILWAAAAAAAAAAA SANA 7ILWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA YA JULY...

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS IDEA OF THIS POST....

    I ESPECIALLY LOVE 3, 8 , 10, 11, 14, 19 AND MOST IMPORTANTLY 20....


    HAPPY 20TH MY LOVE:*

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW THANK U 7abibtiiiiiiiii!!!! XD
    you don't know how much i smiled when i read your comment! actually i've been smiling alot since midnight, my cheeks hurt :P
    heheh thats me, i get crazy over bdays! :P

    n thank uuu for loving the post! and i'm glad u loved it, XD
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. enshAllah dooooooooooooooooooom smiling till it hurts :*

    ReplyDelete