Sunday, 31 October 2010
Friday, 29 October 2010
Sunday, 24 October 2010
When people think of death the first and most normal thought is death of a person. Losing someone forever. Then they think death of another type of living organism, be it an animal, plant or anything else.
Here is a different way of looking at it, death of a relationship; death of a friendship. OK so I admit ‘death of a friendship’ does sound different and strange, but as I was sitting in my lecture (suppose to be paying attention but the lecturer was so boring I drifted off to my wonderland) I thought that a relationship between two friends is like a living thing on its own, you feed it by love and attention. So much effort from both ends needs to be put, and with neglect or some ‘disease’ it can easily die.
It happens, to everyone, at some time of their life. To some people it happens more often than others.
An example of it from a first person point of view:
I tried to hold what little love we had for each other. I wasn’t ready to say goodbye. I couldn’t believe it could happen this easily. People look onwards and I feel them pitying us. All ready to give us condolences.
But I just wasn’t ready. I wasn’t going to give up without a fight and so I did just that. But you, you lost all faith. You easily let go and gave up, just like that.
I guess that’s what hurt me the most. And so before I knew it, the day came. We were just no longer friends, our friendship and love for each other died.
The undertaker took it away swiftly and then I was left alone in the dark. I was cold, and upset. I couldn’t cry anymore for all my tears dried up. I just stood there, in the darkness not knowing what to expect, and then in the distance I saw something. It was just a flicker at first, but then I got closer to it and saw some light, alas, my world of darkness has found its light and with that a new friendship has formed. It was indeed life after death.
Saturday, 23 October 2010
Wednesday, 20 October 2010
1. How did you get one of your scars?
Fell down while running away from a puppy (it was a creepy puppy -.- )
2. How did you celebrate your last birthday?
I had lunch then a movie with a group of my closest friends and cousins XD
3. How are you feeling at this moment?
4. How did your night go last night?
Tiring! I had this crazy gym class called cardio workout and it killed me!
5. How did you do in high school?
Good 7amdellah, but it did cost me my social life, but so worth it =)
6. How did you get the shirt you’re wearing?
7. How often do you see your best friend(s)?
Well no matter where I am, whether it's here in the UK, or back home, I always see my bestfriends <3
8. How much money did you spend last month?
9. How old do you want to be when you get married?
I don't know wallah,
10. How old will you be at your next birthday?
21 WOOT WOOT!
1. Your mother’s name?
Um a7med (yeah I copied you EB)
2. What did you do last weekend?
I went to alton towers and it was awesome but tiring but awesome XD
3. What is the most important part of your life
My family & friends & success ;)
4. What would you rather be doing?
5. What did you last cry over?
Hmm, I don't know, oh yeah someone upset me =(
6. What always makes you feel better when you’re upset?
Being by myself, and watching something, or eating.
7. What’s the most important thing you look for in a significant other?
To have an amazing personality, just be as awesome as me :P hahhaha
8. What are you worried about?
Losing people I love
9. What did you have for breakfast?
1. Have you ever liked someone who had a girlfriend/boyfriend?
2. Have you ever had your heartbroken?
3. Have you ever been out of your country?
4. Have you ever done something outrageously dumb
5. Have you ever been back stabbed by a friend?
6. Have you ever had sex on the beach?
Nope and I never plan on doing that
7. Have you ever dated someone younger than you?
8. Have you ever read an entire book in one day?
1. Who was the last person you saw?
2. Who was the last person you texted?
My flatemate and bestfriend.
3. Who was the last person you hung out with?
A few of my closest friends
4. Who was the last person to call you?
One of my friends
5. Who did you last hug?
I don't know
6. Who is the last person who texted you?
My friend Mimi
7. Who was the last person you said “I love you” to?
One of my closest friends
1. Where does your best friend(s) live?
Oman, Bahrain, U.A.E. and Saudia
2. Where did you last go?
3. Where did you last hang out?
4. Where did/do you go to school?
5. Where is your favorite place to be?
6. Where did you sleep last night?
1. Do you think anyone likes you?
Not that I know of
2. Do you ever wish you were someone else?
3. Do you know the muffin man?
yeah of course I do :p
4. Does the future scare you?
5. Do your parents know about your blog?
I don't know :P maybe
1. Why are you best friends with your best friends?
Because I love them, and they make me happy and make me feel loved.
2. Why did you get into Blogging?
Well I first read blogs thanks to *L and then she got one and I was like hmm this is cool, so I got one XD
3. Why did your parents give you the name you have?
My aunt and cousin came up with my name and after arguing about what to name me the finally decided on my current name! :p
4. Why are you doing this survey?
Because I saw people do it and I was like this is cool
1. If you could have one super power what would it be?
To be able to move things with my mind
2. If you could go back in time and change one thing, would you?
3. If you were stranded on a deserted island and could bring 1 thing, what would you bring?
a boat :p
1. Would you ever get back together with any of your ex’s if they asked you?
Nope, I don't have an ex, but even if I did, things ended for a reason right
2. Would you ever shave your head to save someone you love?
How will it save that someone really?
One last question:
1. Are you happy with your life right now?
Yes 7amdillah I am =)
Tuesday, 19 October 2010
It's so weired and different and I don't know how it's happening. I already know two people, who are very close to me, and they are just 19 and 21 years old and they are getting married soon. Like next year which is just insane!
So what's the reason? Well most probably love, you know, they are just so in love and want to get married ASAP and want to do things the '7alal' way so their resort is marriage.
I guess they don't realise what a serious matter it is. I mean don't get me wrong, I am not saying that no one should get married at a young age, I am just saying that people shouldn't rush into it and realise what a great responsibility marriage is.
What do you think?
Sunday, 10 October 2010
You can tell by the title of this post that I have watched the movie ‘Eat. Pray. Love’ and I found it to be interesting. It’s not usually my type of movie; I find the whole searching for yourself a bit too ‘old’ for me. I have just turned 20 and far from a mid-life crisis so watching someone go through that isn’t my cup of tea.
However I did watch it and I liked it. You can get a lot from that movie, and I recommend you all to watch it.
There were so many things in this movie that made me re-think life but one thing that really got to me in this movie was when the main character was in Rome. It was before she was leaving to India and she had a thanks-giving dinner with her Italian friends. And while there were finishing up their dinner, she narrates something that really touched me, she says something along the lines of them all being happy and how it makes her feel happy, and how happiness just makes everything simple and sometimes perfect. OK so she doesn’t exactly say that, but that's what I got from it and it got me thinking.
From my posts you can tell a lot about my personality, I can be gloomy, moody, sarcastic and cynical. Yeah those are my flaws. I know. The funny thing is I never really wanted to change that about me. I use to think that I had a right to be that way. I use to think that it’s not me being a down depressing person but me being smart and realising just how difficult life is. But now I realise I am wrong and not just because of this movie, but because for a while now I have had this feeling in me that something isn’t right.
I sometimes get annoyed from people who claim they are always happy. It really annoys me, because I know for a fact that being happy all the time is impossible. And I still believe that. It is one of my theories on life, and yes I do have a whole lot of theories, but I’ll leave that to another post. So back to the point, why it annoyed me so much though, that is something I don’t know the answer to, or maybe I do know, I just don’t want to dwell on that a lot.
So happy people of the world, kudos to you. For smiling and laughing and not letting things bring you down. You balance this world out, and as annoying as you can be sometimes because lets be real sometimes you are putting an act or sometimes you are being very naive, but hey, no one is perfect, you make the people around you happy, and give them a new perspective on life. Happiness can sometimes be contagious and that usually is a good thing.
I guess what I am trying to say in this post is that I have finally accepted the fact that there is no harm in being optimistic and it is not always a stupid idea. So for this new chapter of my life (like I previously stated I turned 20 two months ago) I will try my best to optimistic sometimes and keep that smile on my face because it just might make someone else smile (I know it’s corny but it needed to be said). I guess the glass can be half full and not half empty. Sometimes.