Friday, 25 June 2010
Wednesday, 23 June 2010
I have listed some of the most memorable quotes I have come across; they are not listed in any particular order. I have noticed that by reading peoples favourite quotes you get to understand them a little. So here it is *drum roll*:
- "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." (Marilyn Monroe)
- “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”(Malcom X)
- “A friend is someone who understands your past, believes your future and accepts you just the way you are” (Anonymous)
- "Promise you won't forget me, because if I thought you would, I'd never leave." – (Winnie the pooh)
- "A friend is one who walks in when others walk out"
- (Walter Winchell)
- "A true friend is someone who knows there's something wrong even when you have the biggest smile on your face."(Anonymous)
- "I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together." (Marilyn Monroe)
- "Never justify yourself. Your enemies won't believe you and your friends won't need it."(Proverb)
- "Love becomes dangerous when you realize you've fallen madly in love with the other person's faults... At that point you've surrendered any leverage you might have thought you had... At that point, you are at the mercy of the other person..."(Anonymous)
- "Listen to me, mister. You're my knight in shining armour. Don't you forget it. You're going to get back on that horse, and I'm going to be right behind you, holding on tight, and away we're gonna go, go, go!" (Katherine Hepburn in the movie “On Golden Pond”)
- “Whatever is begun in anger, ends in shame”(Benjamin Franklin)
- “You want what we all want, you want to look across the gulf and know that there is someone out there who is like you” (Wilson from the series HOUSE.)
- “Don't cry over anyone who won't cry over you.”(Anonymous)
- “if it wasn’t mean to hurt it wouldn’t have been called a crush” (Chicken Soup for the teenage soul part 3)
Tuesday, 22 June 2010
It’s another day. A new day. She looks out the window and stares as she day dreams. Will today be any different from any other miserable day? Only time will tell.
So she gets ready to go to her life outside her room. She looks into the mirror and tries to smile. A faint smile forms and the same instant a tear fall down her face.
“I can do this, I can pretend to be happy, just like I always do” she says to herself and walks out the door.
She meets up with the usual group of friends; they say their hellos and how are yous and get into some conversation. A meaningless conversation. She looks at them as they smile and talk about normal things. They laugh, and she zones out and thinks “if they lived a day in my shoes, I don’t think they would be able to handle it”.
They call out her name; she snaps back to reality, apologises for zoning out again and tries to get into the conversation. They ask her if everything is ok and she says that she is just tired and she should leave soon. They understand, oh how clueless her friends can be. As she walks back to her room, she bumps into her secret keeper, who with one look knows that everything is not alright. They stare into each other’s eyes, and she tells her secret keeper in a whisper “I am thinking about it again, and I can’t hide it now so I think I better stay alone before .... you know”
She completes her sentence “before they know that nothing is ok and that you are not ok” and with that her secret keeper give her a hug and leaves her alone.
As she sits in her room, thinking about the past, the pain, the heartache, she silently cries. She can’t wait until this feeling passes over and then she can act normal and hide her pain, put on a smile and everyone will continue to think that she is alright and they will never know of her true pain that will manifest again after a few months when something triggers the memories she chooses to hide.
So back to the previous question, was today any different? If anything it was more miserable than usual.
“Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad.” (Henry Wadsworth)
Friday, 18 June 2010
What happened to the world? Why can’t people just be happy for others? Is that too much to ask for? Every day I hear more and more stories of envy and jealousy, and how peoples’ lives are destroyed because of that. It is a shame.
Just today I was out with my cousin, after the whole hugging and her yelling at me for taking too long to meet up with her (3days she is a drama queen like every other woman in my family) and our conversation goes like;
Cousin: ooo btww sam3tiii ina flana bitizawaj?!!
Me: la wallah, mashallah! Good for her, I know she wanted to get married for quite some time now
Cousin: yeah I know, bes her mom wants to keep it on the down low, doesn’t want 7asad you know
Me: oh yeah as always
This just happened today, a few hours back, and now I am thinking, ok I understand how in the beginning you don’t go telling everyone that your getting married, but the fear of 7asad has increased so much nowadays and this marriage salfa is just an example, it’s something that just happened, but there are many other example like doing well in studies, or in your career etc.
An extreme case happened to a friend of a friend, she was this typical beautiful girl, whose life was ruined because some jealous insane person spread rumours about her which was totally false (I’m sure you heard of something similar)
So back to the question I stated earlier, why so much jealousy? Why so many haters? Is it wrong to be happy for someone else, your time will come and even if it doesn’t maktoob 3end Allah, oo 5alas move on, just be thankful for what you have.
This topic really annoys me because even though I am far (very very far) from being perfect, I wouldn’t ever look at someone and be like I want that's, its not fair she has it. I mean I have felt jelousy (that's was when I had a crush on some guy, I got crazy jealous) but that doesn’t mean I go and be all envious to others, and if I don’t feel that's (and as I states before I ain’t perfect) why can’t others?
Well like I said before, it is a shame, and that habit is just getting worse. But this is life.
Thursday, 17 June 2010
So this was a text from R to Sii (she’s my friend) and when I read it I was like aww, and I had to post it. So beautiful.
“People talk all the time about love but they don’t know its real meaning, the word lost its value but you reminded me how I feel about that word
A good love is delicious because you can’t get enough of it
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate won’t hurt :P
I see you every in every passing face
Life is the flower for which love is the honey
Deeper and deeper we go because soul meets soul on lovers’ lips
Gravitation is not responsible for me and you falling in love
You call it madness, but I call it love
Love doesn’t make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile
If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”