Thursday 19 August 2010

Being different

Why do we feel shame when someones points out that we are different. Instead we must be proud, for being different sometimes gets you far. (or can send you to a mental institution)

We should always try to accept our 'different side' because with that in our hands we can go so far and accomplish so much.

If you think of successful people, what do they all have in common? They stand out.

So next time someone calls me different, eccentric or even weird, I am going to look at them with pride in me and say 'You call me that one more time and the next time you wake up you will be in an emergency room with stiches all over your body!' LOL just kidding
I am actually going to quote the amazing and talented Coco Chanel; 'In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different'

and here are a few more quotes I came across that I liked:


It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. (Andre Gide)

The more you like yourself, the less you are like anyone else, which makes you unique. (Walt Disney)

You may laugh because I am different, but I laugh because you are all the same - (Anonymous)

6 comments:

  1. Awww
    it is so true... anytime somebody tells me your wierd or different I always try to defend myself and explain as to why i have done or said something.
    But it's true we should just say yes I'm wierd, what about it ?
    lol
    It is, after all, what makes you, you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh I love one post more than the other <3
    They usually call me Heartless because i don't like to show my feelings to certain people i just laugh .. hahaha bs tara I'm not ;p

    Anyways i would like to share with you a Quote "I am me. I am not willing to change for you, or anyone else. Take me as i am, or watch me as i go."

    XoXo
    Qb
    Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank uu both
    l: exactly!
    and queen bee: I love that quote!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when I first Went to the UK I was considered to be weird and unsocial 3shan I did not like their life style o I refused to "Socialize" with them ..

    Bs chethi I build my own character .. I'm glad I was different :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the quotes!!

    and i certainly agree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of all kinds of quotes. And different is what make us unique!
    p.s I love your blog

    ReplyDelete