Tuesday 3 August 2010

The Era of beauty, class and elegance

When it comes to music, I go insane, I already dedicated a few posts to songs. I just love music and now I would like us to go back, way back. To the era of beauty and class. Where less wasn't always more. Where love was always in the air. When the beats were mellow and the rhythm was perfect.
It was all just gorgeous.
So I decided to post some songs, pics and names of these amazing artists that made that era beautiful.

First will start of some blues, with the amazing Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerlad with 'Summer time':




It's such an amazing song. I love it so much. It is just relaxing and because I mentioned the famous Louis Armstrong, of course his most famous song that will always make me smile, 'what a wonderful world'.





And now I'll take a break from music and go onto something that I know less of and maybe I am not as passionate as I am with music, but you can't ignore it.; fashion.
I love art, I can't paint or draw or play an instrument, but like I said earlier I love music and I am so very passionate about it so I enjoy all things artistic and appreciate it all.
So I have listed some fashion icons who you all know. Their all just so ah I can;t describe, but their style has continued on for ages. They are definitely one of the most prominent fashion icons out there.

We will start with who comes to everyones mind first; Audrey Hepburn.
This shot is my favourite of hers. I love it because of the sunglasses. This look is still used, up to this day. The shades are just gorgeous! I love it!

Next up, the woman who got her fairy tale, she became a princess, yes it's Grace Kelly.
Need I say more?

And here come the lovely Elizabeth Taylor. *Applause*
When I think of her, I remember the movie Cleopatra. She played Cleopatra so well. The elegance and grace she had, she convinced the audience that she was Queen of Egypt.

Up next the Italian beauty Sophia Loren.
She was the first woman to win an academy award for best actress for a non-english spoken film. She is beautiful, she's Italian!

And last but most certainly not least, no I did not forget about her it is Marilyn Monroe.
I don't think I should say anything here, we all know her and no one can deny how she is a cultural icon and definitely a fashion icon! Her life was cut short, but she did have an impact in the land of entertainment. Ladies and Gentlemen it's Marilyn Monroe!


Now back to some music. my love. =)

Let's go to the moon!
It's Nat King Cole with Destination Moon.





Another Nat King Cole, These foolish things





This next song got me into all this music. I heard it from my dad and ever since then I was hooked. Dean Martin with That's Amore




Frank Sinatra with New York New York





And Last Sammy Davis Jr, with Mr Bojangles.





And that is it for this post! Phew!
That took a while! I suggest you give each song a listen. They are all phenomenal! I still have loads to share but I'll just leave them for another post ;)
Hope enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing and posting them. With ever song and picture I smiled. =)

5 comments:

  1. This is my favourite post so far .. Simply loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing post agool all these women's eye brows r nice thick and gd nowadays ppl make them thin and tattoo it sux

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you thank you *bows*

    M I am happy that you loved it XD
    and hano.Oshi i know right! they looked so beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was one beautiful post!

    i loooove 'what a wonderful world'...one of my all time favorites! ;**

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank u!!! =D
    I love that song too, it's amazing =)

    ReplyDelete