Sunday 30 May 2010

Is love worth it?

A question that has a million answers. You could yes, you say no. You could say it depends on the situation and you could say it depends on the person. This debate can go one for a long time. I’ll admit I have never fallen in love with anyone. However I have witnessed it as a third person. I saw it at times of happiness and bliss and time of darkness and pain. It’s a rollercoaster of emotions. You’re up and high one minute, and down and low the next.

So back to the question, is it worth it? You always hear people running away from their families for the sake of love, eloping with someone because their parents disagreed. Lying, manipulating everyone around them, even their closest friends. It just spirals out of control until you are left alone, because you cut out everyone just to be with him. I know this an extreme scenario but it does happen. I saw it happen and it broke my heart. She is my best friend; someone who is like a sister to me. So was it worth it?

In her case it wasn’t worth it because after everything, the fire died down, and I don’t how, but she realised and left him. After 4 years of him breaking her heart, she was the one who got up and left him.

We all moved forward, I am still close to her, but the memories are still there. Her family still remembers the days she ran away and lied and did anything to see this guy. The damage was done and sometimes time cannot heal the wounds.

So I believe that, your family should always come first. If they say no, then it is a no. Not having their blessings is a curse and after everything they did for you, why would you leave them for someone who you’ve known for a shorter period of time. You should never make love your whole life; it should be part of your life. Never let it overwhelm you, because an extreme of anything is bad.

They always say the hottest love has the coldest end” Drake

7 comments:

  1. 9a7 elsanich July!
    its not the power of love its how much of that power you let take over you. It shouldn't take over your whole life as you said, it should add to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said..

    i do agree your family comes first for one simple reason, when a guy/man sees that a girl/woman respects her family and what they think then he will respect her for that. i have reached a conclusion that my friends who had an arranged marriage and didnt know the guy in advance are all living a happy stable life where as my "bf/gf" friends that got married are fighting to keep the flame alive..

    a love that is built on an understanding that the family is my safe haven is a love that will last for a very long time :)


    let me tell you, i love your writing style and the topics you discuss mashallah so fresh and mature xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zuzzy what your saying is so ture
    i know some1 who wants to get married and is fighting her parents for it, i dont know what the outcome is going to be but its been going on for so long. the big question would be is it worth it? she says yes but how does she know? no one knows. Allahu ya3lam.
    so yes its so true having family support is number 1 for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Family always comes first I agree .. But the family can't always be right .. but at the end of the day kelwa7ed maktoob ne9eebeh 3ala jebeeneh

    Its sad to say that I no longer believe in love before marriage so no love is not worth leaving your family for or going against Allah .. you dont leave every1 around you for some1 who can leave you for some1 else .. no matter how much this person loves you .. we live in a society where we need family .. 3ailatna ehya 3ezwatna .. o eli ye7terem ahleh a7tarmah kel el e7teram .. rabkum gal wala ta8ul lahuma uffing .. bs el kel ya'3le6 o el ensan mo ma39oom 3an el '3ala6 <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha asta'3fer Allah uffan** mo uffing :P

    Btw I miss you gurls so much <3 I am home alooooone +_+

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha uffing!!!
    I miss you more!! im home alone toooooo
    hahaha getting ready to go to town tho :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. L exactly! Thats my point,
    Zuzzy, the part u added about love before marriage and how difficult it is, i agre with you it get very complicated, not all the time, but usually adn THANK YOU XD
    M, i miss u! oo well said =)

    ReplyDelete