Monday 8 November 2010

Like father, like daughter

To everyone the 9th of November is just another random day, but to me, it is the reason that I am here with you right now.
My father was born on this day and this post is a dedication to my father. =)

Everyone, well almost everyone, consider their father as their hero, someone they look up to and one day become just like them. I am one of those people. I am the oldest child, the first daughter, and so I've got a pretty close bond with my dad. We cam sit for hours just talking about anything and everything from the random family things, to politics to music and movies.

I am my father's daughter. I can't help but notice how we are so a-like. I got a lot of my fathers personality traits, but with a twist (my mum-which will be another post).

I, like many people, admire my father so much. I remember when I was younger I use to brag to my classmates on how strong my father was and that he could carry me ( I was in second grade) and I wouldn't shut up about it until my teacher asked me "can he carry Miss Randa?" (note Miss Randa was a teacher at our school and she was HUGE people use to call her the Undertaker after the famous WWF wrester also named the Undertaker) it was then I realised I need to shut up. :p

But that was just the beginning of my admiration, another thing that admire a lot about my father is the way he thinks and presents himself, they way he talks and makes argument/statements. I always wished I could present myself like him. I always want to sound smart and intelligent and states interesting facts. I use to research about so many things, I wanted to be a walking encyclopaedia, I wanted to be knowledgeable of what is going around in this world, just like my dad. I used to (still do actually) research the most randomest things, anytime I would read or hear about something I would just go back home and google it.
My dad use to do the same thing, but back in his day he would use a dictionary (old school) :P

And then there was music and films, i.e. entertainment. Our tastes are ALMOST exactly the same, with a few mushy chick flicks from me and hardcore action/war films from my dad.
But seriously I found about so many amazing musicians and songs from my dad, from back in the day, because of him I fell in love with classics.

So to sum up this post, I just want to express my love and admiration to my father. I know I make him sound like super-dad, and I know no one is perfect, but that's how most of us feel about our dads right? I know I kept on repeating my dad this, and my father that, but I just never got to express about him here on this blog, I mean if I go on telling people my dad is this and that I would lose friends, hehe

So all in all, Baba, I love you and Happy Birthday <3>

and I would post a few of his favourite songs just for the sake of it:

ofcourse lazim abu baker salim, and I must admit I kind of had my own Abu baker Salem phase to:







and some Oasis, I am so addicted to this song;


5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwh :')

    Allah Y6awil Eb 3uram W Y5aleeeeeeeeeeh Lekum Inshallah <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's soo sweet =D .. Allah y5leekum 7g b3'6 =D !! Inshala ;******

    Salmilii 3lyyyh =D ;**

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO HIm

    I started laughing about Miss Randa hehehehehe So Funny !!

    ToOma
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww looooooool I absoloutely loved this post!!!
    Now i know where the nerdiness comes from :P

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Queen bee: ameeen =)
    thank uuuu

    princess fafy: hehe thankkk uuuu
    ameen inshallah,
    i know i still laugh about miss ranada, hahah goodtimes ;)

    L: thank uuu babes, lol hahahahha yeah probably :p

    ReplyDelete